Intelligent Artifacts & Breathing Spaces
Modern Body Festival is proud to announce Modern Body Laboratory #2, an exciting exhibition & performance program you do not want to miss! You can visit our immersive exhibition from Thursday to Saturday, 8-10 February, and join us for a performance-happening on Friday 9 February.
Stelios Manousakis & Ping-Hsiang Chen
Hot Listening Booth, featuring sound works by:
Floris van Bergeijk
Cocky Eek / Kenzo Kusuda / Zois Loumakis
Stephanie Pan, with Vitaly Medvedev
Intelligent Artifacts & Breathing Spaces is the second Modern Body Laboratory edition. In this series we explore emerging themes and ideas in preparation for our next biennial festival edition, and invite you, our public, to brainstorm, experiment and experience with us!
For this event we are very proud to present 4 new commissioned works:
– Cocky Eek explores our research theme ‘Discovering Post-Relational Aesthetics’ with an installation linking human and breathing matter.
– Tivon Rice explores our research theme ‘Artificial Intelligence as a modern body’ with an installation combining Virtual Reality, texts by the AI ghost of J. G. Ballard, sound, and prints.
– Pete Harden and Floris van Bergeijk compose the first sound works made especially for the Hot Listening Booth, our very own traveling concert venue – a 3-person infrared sauna cabin!
To accompany it, we re-mount the interactive WiFi-radar steam sauna The Water Within, by Stelios Manousakis, in collaboration with Ping-Hsiang Chen.
On February 9, we hope you will join for to an explosive night of performances with 4 acts, combining music, dance, light, and architecture. Featuring Kenzo Kusuda / Cocky Eek / Zois Loumakis; Gerri Jaeger; Stephanie Pan with special guest Vitaly Medvedev; we finish off the evening with the thumping techno sounds of MURW so you can dance your heart out!
1 Performance evening
8-10 February 2018
Feb 8: 18:00-20:00
Feb 9: 20:00-01:00
Feb 10: 18:00-20:00
Exhibition visiting hours
Feb 8: 17:00-21:00
Feb 9: 13:00-20:00
Feb 10: 13:00-20:00
Performance Event: 5€
Combined Ticket (Feb 9): 7€
We Are Public members: FREE
Willem Dreespark 312
2531 SX, The Hague
Modern Body Laboratory
Cocky Eek (NL)
Tivon Rice (US/NL)
Pete Harden (UK/NL)
Floris van Bergeijk (NL)
Stelios Manousakis (GR/NL)
Kenzo Kusuda (JP/NL)
Zois Loumakis (GR/NL)
Gerri Jäger (AT/NL)
Stephanie Pan (US/NL)
Vitaly Medvedev (RU/NL)
About Modern Body Laboratory
Modern Body Laboratory is a new platform from Modern Body Festival. The events showcase local makers and explore emerging themes and ideas in preparation for our next biennial edition. This year’s Modern Laboratory themes are:
• Artificial Intelligence as a modern body
• Discovering Post-Relational Aesthetics
Our first Laboratory event, Alan Turing: Artificial Intelligence and Immortality, took place in 15 November 2017, and was in collaboration with Artek Foundation.